830

It's never easy to see people leave. Especially if they are important people in your life. I went to the airport a couple of days ago to send Peanut off. And I won't be seeing him for another year because our schedules are so different that we won't be in the same area at any given time until November next year. 

Now that I think back about it, four years has passed by in the blink of an eye. It seems as if it was just yesterday that we met. All that was so awkward. Honestly, one of the many reasons that this friendship means so much to me is coz this is the only one that I have initiated in my entire life. I'm very introverted. I do not approach people and strike up a conversation just like that. But that was one of the things on my to-do list that year. Initiate a conversation with a stranger and maintain a friendship. Another reason is because he accepted me for how I look and who I am with all my quirks. I think that's a very important thing. Everyone is so stuck in the high school phase with wanting to be friends with only the "cool people". >_>

It was really awkward initially. Especially when I blurted out that I read his blog. And I was secretly hoping to avoid him for the rest of our course. But we ended up in the same group and he was assigned to me as my local buddy. So much for trying to avoid him. A couple of months and a late night whatsapp later, we started talking and that's how it started. Exploring places in KL and trying to discreetly check out guys. Something which we have mastered (I think) over the past 4 years. Buying noodles at midnight in Singapore to getting lost and discovering cheap mouthwash. Yeah, we mastered the art of hunting for everything cheap at the supermarkets as well. We've had our ups and downs. Who doesn't right?

And, to everyone who thought that we'd be a couple by the time we graduate, no. That was never my intention and I'm glad. Because I think we're better as friends. 

Next year is definitely going to be different. I'm going to have to get used to just keeping in touch via whatsapp. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

866

864

867