809

I wrote about a friend of mine in entry 804. She Whatsapped me today, and to make the entire conversation short, she wants to be my friend on Whatsapp and not in real life. So I told her I quit. Like, I really did. And then she said I was being unfair. Are you kidding me? You don't want to be seen with me in public because your boyfriend doesn't like me.

When her boyfriend thought that there was something going on between me and her, I asked her to tell him that I'm gay. I'm not even out and God knows who he will tell. But I didn't want to be the reason for her to breakup with her boyfriend. And I wanted us to remain as friends. 

I'm sorry. But I will never be anyone's friend if you want to keep me as a secret. I don't care what your reason is. Her reason being that her boyfriend is uncomfortable coz I'm gay. Bitch please. He's not uncomfortable. He's being an asshole.

I remember us talking about a hypothetical scenario where she has a boyfriend and he doesn't want her to talk to me. I remember it very clearly. It was December 2011. We were sitting outside Starbucks. And her reply to me was "boyfriends are the new people who just come in to your life. but friends have been there for much longer. I'm not going to let that happen."

We've known each other since we were 8. And we've been very close for the past 6 years. Like, wow. Is it really that easy to just ask me to be friends only on Whatsapp? I drove to Bangsar at 3am to pick you up when you were so high you couldn't drive. I helped you hide all the mess you created so that your parents won't find out. I forced you to go for the final exam coz you planned to skip it thinking you won't pass. 

But I'm done now. 

I quit. 

I refuse to be your secret.

Comments

  1. That girl aint a good friend to begin with >:(

    Quitting was the right thing to do *thumbs up* ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

866

855

864